After dreaming about a fairy garden all winter, I was excited to bring it to life! Although my intentions were to build this with my 2.5 yr old daughter, I ended up making it with my husband and I think he enjoyed it more than our daughter would have! For those local to Saskatoon, make sure to read though to find out where you can get supplies to make your very own fairy garden. Don’t forget to watch our video at the end of this post and tag us in your fairy gardens! #sewbrightcreations & @sewbrightcreations
- Plants & Shallow Pot. Ours were provided by Hawthorne & Wool in Warman, SK (They also have the sweetest selection of locally handmade products, you definitely need to check this shop out!)
- Moss or other ground cover. We picked up our moss from northern Sask when we were camping at Otter Lake.
- A few rocks to put in the bottom
- Furniture, fairies and small decorations. Read the instructions to see where we got our decorations.
- Decorations for the pot. We used a “WISH” decal from Upper Case Living by Tiffany Possberg
- Before starting, plan out where you’d like your plants and decorations to go.
- Place a few rocks in bottom of pot. Just enough to help drain any excess water.
- Fill pot with soil & place plants in desired locations.
4. Place figurines in desired location. This is the super fun part! The fairy, fox, hedgehog, lawn chair and welcome sign were purchased from the dollar store in Martensville, SK. They have an amazing selection of fairy garden accessories!
The fairy door was handmade by Too Aquarious. They have the most adorable clay accessories. See more of Too Aquarious on Etsy. The yellow mushroom is handblown by the very talented Erin of Glassy Eyed Beads, also on Etsy. When you visit these shops make sure to let them know that Sew Bright sent you 😉
5. Lastly, I added this cute vinyl decal to spruce up the pot! Tiffany with Upper Case Living is super helpful and will work with you to bring your visions to life. Make sure to check out her website for more amazing decals!
Before putting the garden together I made this bridge. Watch the video to see how you can make your own!
And here is our video! (It may take a minute to load). Check it out on Facebook and Instagram, share with your friends and tag us in your Fairy Gardens! We want to see!! @sewbrightcreations #sewbrightcreations
Follow the link below to subscribe to Sew Bright News and receive a 10% off coupon to use in my Etsy Shop!
This post is sponsored in part by Hawthorne & Wool and Upper Case Living By Tiffany Possberg, but the opinions and photos are of Sew Bright Creation’s.
Want to collaborate? Email Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org.