This post is not sponsored however some links may be affiliate, which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links. There is NO extra cost to you. The opinions and photos are of Sew Bright Creation’s.
The best time to start a new project is when you are ALMOST finished your last one, right? Okay, so the timing may not be ideal, but I’m just way too excited to participate in the Spring 2022 One Room Challenge, so here we are, starting ANOTHER room!
First, let’s talk about what the One Room Challenge is. Have you heard of it? It’s a biannual event that is held every spring and fall. Anyone with a blog or Instagram account is welcome to join the fun. It goes over 8 weeks and each week we share an Instagram or Blog post with an update on on our room. It’s a fun way to connect with other like minded people and be able to encourage each other through all the ups and downs of renovating! You can check out all the other participants HERE.
Without further ado, the room we’ll be working on is our basement WorkShop!
PROJECT GOAL: Make this space functional and organized without blowing the bank 🙂
The VERY ROUGH Plan
You know how I plan, so take this with a grain of salt.
- Remove everything from the room
- Remove strapping and insulation from ceiling, clean + vacuum
- Insulate outside walls and replace panel wall on both window walls
- Build L shaped workbench against window walls
- Install tool organizer above work bench
- Replace other two walls and build shelving for tools + paint storage
- Paint floor
- Replace door
And a lot of other little details in between it all! Here’s a mood board with the look we are going for and I’m gonna emphasize the WE because Mr. Sew Bright is the interior designer behind this one and let’s just say I am focusing on keeping my mouth shut. HAHA. For real though, this is a space in the house he wanted to do, so I’ve promised to help make his vision come to life. In other words, I don’t want to hear about it if you don’t like the colours! LOL.
Here’s a little inspo…
Week 1 Progress
We are off to a …. start! I’m not sure how good it is, but here I go reminding myself that any progress is good progress.
- Everything has been removed except for the cabinets. Hoping to find someone who wants them and can help lift them out of the basement. Next up, the ceiling. Follow along on INSTAGRAM for the day to day progress!