This post is not sponsored however some links may be affiliate, which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links. There is NO extra cost to you. The opinions and photos are of Sew Bright Creation’s.
Hi friend! Thanks for checking back in on our One Room Challenge progress! WE ARE ALMOST DONE! This post concludes Week 7 and next week is the reveal!
Click HERE for a recap of the Spring ORC Workshop Renovation.
Let’s talk about what the One Room Challenge is. Have you heard of it? It’s a biannual event that is held every spring and fall. Anyone with a blog or Instagram account is welcome to join the fun. It goes over 8 weeks and each week we share an Instagram or Blog post with an update on on our room. It’s a fun way to connect with other like minded people and be able to encourage each other through all the ups and downs of renovating! You can check out all the other participants HERE.
PROJECT GOAL: Make this space a cozy place for our family to enjoy and hide all the storage 🙂
Week 7 Update:
Click the following weeks for past updates:
- I used 1x4s to trim the doors, baseboards and top moulding. I sanded each board and finished with clear satin Varathane.
- Explore Hardware sent over new door knobs and I replaced all the old ones so they matched! I absolutely love the modern look of the BALI door knob! You can check them out HERE.
Click for HERE a video recap!
You’re not going to want to miss the room reveal next week, so follow the daily progress on Instagram @sewbrightcreations.
Here’s a recap on the progress.. only 2 weeks to go!
- Week 1: Plan
- Week 2: Prep for paint, vacuum ceiling, insulate between joists where the wall meets the outside wall.
- Week 3: Paint
- Week 4: Trim + baseboards (FINISH PAINT) Actual: Paint feature
- Week 5: Start built in storage closet New plan: Toy Storage Actual: Blanket Ladder
- Week 6: Finish built in storage closet New plan: Toy Storage + Trim Actual: Toy Storage
- Week 7: Organization unit and a surprise little project New Plan & Actual: Trim + Door Hardware
- Week 8: Touch ups, decor and reveal!!