This post is not sponsored however some links may be affiliate, which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links. There is NO extra cost to you. The opinions and photos are of Sew Bright Creation’s.
PROGRESS! We have made progress and I’m SO EXCITED about it! Things go so much faster with two people working AND when you have some serious motivation. Thank you One Room Challenge for that! I’ve combined weeks 2 and 3 in this post; for the daily updates, follow along @sewbrightcreations on Instagram!
If you’re new, you can learn more about the One Room Challenge in THIS POST or click HERE.
PROJECT GOAL: Make this space functional and organized without blowing the bank 🙂
Week 2 Progress
- Removed the rest of the furniture in the room and I even earned $100 from selling a few of the cabinets on our local buy and sell. The rest I gave away for free.
- Removed panels and insulation from the two window walls.
- Re-insulated the two window walls. More about that in the YouTube video below.
- Scrubbed, mopped, mopped, sanded, swept and mopped (again) the floor.
- Painted the first coat of paint on the concrete floor.
There was a TON of prep work prior to painting the floor, but I’m so glad I took the time to do it!
Handy Products sent me their super handy paint tray, with liners and it made painting the floors a breeze! It was so sturdy on the floor and I LOVE the magnetic part to keep your brush out of the paint! GENIUS! You can learn more about all their amazing painting solutions HERE.
Week 3 Progress
- Painted a second coat on the floor and two top coats to seal it.
- Installed faux brick wall panels on the two window walls and at one end where the workbench will go. Shop the panels HERE.
This list isn’t as big as last weeks, but the panels took a bit of time with all the cutting. You can see why in the video below!
Can we just take a second to truly appreciate this brick though? I’m really loving how easy panels are to put up and how clean it looks in here. What a difference in just 3 WEEKS! What do you think of the brick panels?
Any questions! Let me know in the comments!
We would love to see your projects! Please share with us by tagging us on Instagram @sewbrightcreations or email them to email@example.com.