This post is not sponsored however some links may be affiliate, which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links. There is NO extra cost to you. The opinions and photos are of Sew Bright Creation’s.
Hi friend! Thanks for checking back in on our One Room Challenge progress! We made it through Week 2 and it was a great week!
Click HERE for a recap of the Spring ORC Workshop Renovation.
Let’s talk about what the One Room Challenge is. Have you heard of it? It’s a biannual event that is held every spring and fall. Anyone with a blog or Instagram account is welcome to join the fun. It goes over 8 weeks and each week we share an Instagram or Blog post with an update on on our room. It’s a fun way to connect with other like minded people and be able to encourage each other through all the ups and downs of renovating! You can check out all the other participants HERE.
PROJECT GOAL: Make this space a cozy place for our family to enjoy and hide all the storage 🙂
Week 2 Update:
Planning isn’t my strong suit, but I’m working on it!
- moved (mostly) everything out of the room
- sold a few things on the buy & sell
- took the trim down
- removed the insulation above the walls
- filled holes
- cut and installed new insulation
Click HERE for a video recap!
Just need to give the walls a good cleaning, do some caulking and then it’s ready for paint! You’re going to want to follow along for the painting because I have a fun surprise! You can follow the daily progress on Instagram @sewbrightcreations.
So far we’re on track with the plan!
- Week 1: Plan
- Week 2: Prep for paint, vacuum ceiling and insulate between joists where the wall meets the outside wall.
- Week 3: Paint
- Week 4: Trim + baseboards
- Week 5: Start built in storage closet
- Week 6: Finish built in storage closet
- Week 7: Organization unit and a surprise little project
- Week 8: Touch ups, decor and reveal!!